THE NYMBL TRAINING APPLICATION
A self-paced application that improves balance in 10 minutes a day using our patent-pending Dual Tasking approach
The Nymbl Training app delivers our “dual tasking” approach to balance improvement on a smartphone or tablet so that the user can improve their balance and have fun at the same time. The Nymbl Training App delivers the following features:
- Exercises that begin at the appropriate difficulty for the user and progress to more challenging levels as the user’s balance improves. All exercises are animated and annotated for easy learning.
- Thousands of cognitive challenges that are fun!
- Timing of each exercise
- Tested interface that older adults can use quickly and easily
- Subjective feedback – alerts coaches if user is experiencing pain, dizziness or excess exertion
- Safety features – if you’re unsteady doing an exercise, it will stop you and reset the program
- Supports HIPAA compliance
Typically these exercises will take ten minutes total. The prescribed dose is 3 times per week, but we recommend making it a habit right after breakfast or before lunch and doing it every day for best results.
Dual Task challenges
The Nymbl Training app animates the physical exercise, times it, and then provides the cognitive challenges. Here are two examples of dual task challenges that are engaging and fun.
Automatic promotion to new training levels as balance improves
As a user’s balance improves and they become more proficient with the current training level, they are automatically offered a promotion to the next higher level. Promotion is “intelligent” – the system tracks both participation and success of performing each exercise within a specified period of time to determine whether the user is eligible for promotion.
The Nymbl Training app revolutionizes balance training because it is proven effective and can be done in less than 10 minutes per day. The elegant combination of science, mobile technology and user interface makes it useable and effective for older adults at all levels.